Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lance Armstrong vs. Chris Lieto

Everyone knows who Lance is. Chris Lieto is someone that you are probably not familiar with unless you follow the sport of professional triathlon. I could tell you all about him, but I'll spare you and just say that he's the fastest cyclist on the pro circuit. You can learn more about him here.

Anyway, both Lance and Chris are in Hawaii training...because that's your life when you are a professional athlete! Lance apparently saw Chris out on the famous Queen Kaahumanu Highway on Tuesday and wrote on Twitter that he wanted to challenge Chris to a little race yesterday morning. They talked some trash back and forth via their Twitter accounts and set it up.

The 14 mile race actually drew a pretty big crowd of people. Lance's time was 18:35 and Chris came in at 18:50, so Lance won by 15 seconds. The most impressive part is how fast these guys were going. Look at the times...14 miles in under 19 minutes!! That's an average pace of 35 mph...on a bike! I'm happy if I get in the 21-22 mph range during a triathlon. I wish I could say that their bikes are just that much better, but let's face it, these guys are the some of the best riders in the world.

Check out the video below:


TODAY'S WORKOUT:
Another test on the bike this morning and it's all systems go! I put in 55 minutes this morning (5 minute warm-up, 45 minute spin class, 5 minute cool-down).
I taped up the knee and went at it about 80% during the class. Had some good hills and speed intervals and felt no pain in the knee. Bad news is that my heart rate was through the roof! I struggled to keep it under 150 on the intervals...I couldn't get it up to 140 a month ago. Oh well, back to work...the fitness will return with time.
30 minutes of weights (legs) and stretching after the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This