Monday, December 28, 2009

Pure Fit Radio

A little over a month ago, I was asked if I would be interested in becoming a reporter for Pure Fit Radio. It is a national radio/podcast program all about endurance sports. The Pure Fit Radio website, found here, contains lists of events (road races, triathlons, etc.), a great list of links (running, cycling, triathlon, nutrition websites), as well as podcasts (a weekly show and state reports). The weekly state reports is where I come in. This is the opportunity for individuals in Kentucky to listen to my recommendations on events and happenings that effect those in the running, swimming, cycling and multi-sport community.


I am now the official Endurance State Reporter (ESR) for the state of Kentucky. Each week I will record a 2 minute segment describing some upcoming events in the state and telling people where to go to register. I recorded my first report last week and it began airing yesterday. 




The first weekly show is now also available for listening. Craig Alexander (back-to-back Ironman World Champion) is on the show, as well as Diana Bertch from Kona and Kerry Gilia, who is stationed in Afghanistan and is a heavy marathoner. Plus, reports from Physical Therapist Terence Reuben, Ben Pickel, who speaks about workout tracking technology, and award winning author and Chief Running Officer of Runner's World Magazine, Bart Yasso! Check out the show here.

I'm really excited to be part of Pure Fit Radio and although it's just in it's infancy, I know that it will become huge! Bookmark the website and check back weekly for new shows and my new report!

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
1hr 15min on the bike in Zone 2
Avg HR 138
Max HR 146
30 minutes of weights (chest, arms, abs)


1 comment:

Share This