Saturday, December 26, 2009

I must have been a good boy...

because Santa brought me lots of good gear! My beautiful wife must have sent Santa the specs because he brought me the exact watch that what I wanted. It's the Timex Ironman Race Trainer/Digital Heart Rate Monitor. Isn't it beautiful?


Just a Few of the Watch Features
  • 10 Workout Memory - Automatically saves latest workout; lock past workouts to prevent deletion
  • Target Heart Rate Zones
  • Time in Zone - Amount of time spent within one of six selected heart rate target zones
  • %-of-Max Heart Rate Display
  • Calories Burned
  • Five Linked Interval Timers - Each interval can be assigned its own target zone 
  • Recovery Heart Rate Timer - Measures your heart rate after a timed recovery during or after your workout
  • 5 Variable intensity interval timers
  • 100-hour chronograph with lap and split, either in large or small digits
  • 50-lap memory for each workout with average, min and max heart rate per lap
  • Polyurethane integrated chest strap
  • Water-resistant 100m
  • Activate INDIGLO night-light with the press of any button using NIGHT-MODE feature 
For those keeping track, now I don't have to wear a heart rate monitor AND a watch, this one does both...with more features that I even know how to use!

Santa (aka my Mother-in-law) also bought me some new running shoes, which I can't wait to hit the pavement with...and some more cold-weather Under Armour (from Mom & Dad). Overall it was a great Christmas and I received way more than I deserve. I am truly blessed!

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
2hr 10min on the bike in Zone 2. Thanks to my new watch I can now tell you the following info about my heart rate during this workout:
Avg. HR during 5 minute warm-up = 105 bpm
Avg. HR during 2 hour ride = 130 (right in the middle of Zone 2, perfect!)
Avg. HR during 5 minute cool-down = 98
Max HR during workout = 143
After all the Christmas treats I had over the last few days (Mom's famous no-bake cookies, cherry delight, banana pudding, pineapple upside-down cake and even a cinnamon roll for breakfast yesterday), I was eager to get in a good workout. The 130 minutes on the bike flew by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This