Friday, October 16, 2009

Louisville Half-Marathon


With the race less than 38 hours away, it's time to talk about what my goals are for the race. Since this is technically an "off season/training race", goal #1 is to stay healthy and avoid injuries.

Goal #2 is to run my fastest half-marathon evah! This will be my 4th time running this distance. All of the previous races were the Derby Festival mini-marathon ('00, '01 & '09). Although this course doesn't include the leg-killing hills or Iroquois Park, it's still 13.1 miles - which seems like a good piece.

I don't have my official times from the 2000 & 2001 races (results on the race website only go back to '03), but I know that my time in 2001 was my fastest and I ran a little over an average of 8:30 miles. That would put my total time in the 1 hr, 52 minute range. So anything under 1:52 on Sunday, and I'll be happy.

Forecast still calling for low to mid 30's on Sunday morning...and I'm lovin' it!

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
30 minute recovery run - ran around an 8:00/mile pace with a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down, then some stretching. Rest tomorrow, race on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This