Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Louisville Half-Marathon Results

Results were posted yesterday and to my surprise, my time was good enough for 5th in my age group. Here's my official results:

Chip time - 1:43:39.90
Gun time - 1:44:36.70 (01:11.00 difference)
Pace - 7:54/mile

5th out of 56 in the male age 30-34 group
70th out of 577 overall runners

The chip time is my official time based on the timing chip I wore around my ankle. The gun time is from the time the race started until I crossed the finish line. It took me 1 minute and 11 seconds to get to the start line once the race started. In hindsight, I should have started closer to the front - I wouldn't have had to pass so many people during that first mile!

Thanks to the race organizers, Headfirst Performance. Todd and Cynthia Heady always do a great job with their events, and this was no exception! Plenty of water stations and volunteers along the course. I will definitely run this one again next year...who knows, maybe I'll try the full marathon!

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
1 hour on the bike (around 17 miles)
30 minutes of weights (chest, triceps, abs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This