Friday, August 5, 2011

Ironman Bib Numbers Published

Bib numbers came out today for IMLOU. THIS JUST GOT REAL!

The numbers are doled out based on age and gender, so the youngest females have the lowest number. The Pros get numbers 1 thru 34, then it's all the females, starting with the youngest. The males start at number 676 and go up to 2800 something. I was given number 1255. There are 360 other competitors in my age group, which is Males, age 30-34. There are over 3-1/2 times more dudes than chicks racing. 

On August 28th, I'll be doing my best to take a clean piece of paper that will look something like this...


...and turn it into a shred of it's former self. It will be covered in sweat, water, Hammer Perpetuem  and gel (my fuel of choice), urine, possibly blood, and possibly tears by the time I cross the finish line. 

Feel free to make large posters and signs with my name and number on them! If you feel so inclined, you can rent out some billboard space somewhere near UofL - I'll be needing a boost when I get to that point!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do so well! The training you've done has gotten you here, so now it's time to leave it all out on the course.

    ReplyDelete

Share This