Sunday, June 6, 2010

End of Base Phase

Today marked the end of my second round of Base Phase training...thankfully! This high volume / low intensity stuff is tough. Not only does it require more time, but moving at a slow rate of speed doesn't do much for your confidence level either!

Tomorrow I move on to the Build Phase, in preparation for my next Half-Ironman on July 17th. Build Phase will allow me to mix in some "race pace" training, so my speed (and confidence) will be increasing in the next few weeks.

YESTERDAY'S WORKOUT:
44:30 miles on the bike in 2:17:05 (19.39 mph)
Avg HR = 131 bpm
This was a little bit flatter course than I've been taking. I went back over and rode the course I used all last summer...it was a nice change of scenery!


TODAY'S WORKOUT:
Ran 13.90 miles in 1:57:50 (8:29 min/mile pace)
Very Challenging route with lots of rolling and a few big hills. Still managed to keep my heart rate in check.
Avg HR = 156 bpm

Elevation and speed profile from today's run:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This