Monday, August 24, 2009

Louisville Half-Marathon



The Louisville Marathon/Half-Marathon is on Sunday, October 18, 2009.

I will be competing in the half-marathon (13.1 miles). I've never done this race before, but it starts at Zorn Avenue and runs along River Road down past Waterfront Park and back. Flat course with a great view...should be fun!

My training started this morning with an hour on the bike at the gym. Yes, I realize that I cannot bike the half-marathon, but after pretty much taking last week off, I wanted to give my legs a little warm-up before hitting the pavement. Running will start tomorrow. Race day is only 8 weeks from yesterday, so I'll have to hit it pretty hard if I want to improve on my miniMarathon time. Being able to focus on running instead of running, swimming and biking will make the training a little more effective. I'll still mix in some easy rides and swims on days that I don't run.

I have a tentative training plan that I found online, but I will probably tweak it a bit over the next few days once I get some time to look at it in it's entirety.

Also - Happy 33rd Birthday to my brother Mark today! Congrats on getting another year closer to retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This